Monday, September 7, 2009

A Pencil Saved My life

"All children are artists. The problem is how to remain an artist once they grows up."-Pablo Picass

I say that I was born an artist....prolly* true, ask anyone that really knows me. I often think about the state of the misguided youth and how f#@ked up it's lookin'. The youth have been reprogrammed under the guidance of mass media bullshit on the screen and radio plus you have parents that are simply not fulfilling that role.

I see some folks look at their kids and say, "they learn so fast these days" it has less to do with these days and more to do with the distribution of information and how it's basically being absorbed. With that being said, I feel that creativity being encouraged at a young age teaches a child independence and how to use what’s around them and give back, not just take away. Whether it is through, music, dance, visual arts or writing. A child that can immerse themselves into something creative and nurture that into a craft and discipline as they develop in age has a better chance of staying away from the heartbreaking garbage that we have allowed to plagues our youth. Not to say creativity is the only way to keep kids in line, a good ole fashioned ass whuppin' can do the trick too, as some of us may have learned.
My point is....well there ain't no real point per se, I was digging the quote and decided to run with it. Also, I know that, if it wasn't for art I am uncertain what I would be doing or decisions I would have made in my life and looking back at the ones I could have made.....thank god for that pencil.

*prolly=probably, relax it's just slang/phonetics

DON'T FORGET!
• 20% OFF YOUR NEXT DESIGN PROJECT FOR ALL BLOG SUBSCRIBERS
• FREE 1000 BUSINESS CARDS WITH WEB DESIGN (you just pay shipping if needed)
• WEB HOSTING $5 A MONTH FOR THE FIRST 6 MONTHS, PAY $25 @ SETUP, CONTACT ME FOR OTHER DETAILS. HOSTING PKG INCLUDES, 3 FREE DOMAINS, 250 GIGS OF STORAGE, UNLIMITED BANDWITH AND EMAIL, PLUS EASY SHOP/E-COMMERCE.

No comments:

Post a Comment